<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Being the random thoughts of a middle aged overeducated physician, father, and citizen. James M. Small MD PhD. Send me a reply to jmsmall @ mycap.org.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

On the cover of the NEJM...
Back at Duke Med School in the seventies, they did a big production show at the end of each school year with a band (variously called The Electrolyte Orchestra and the Ileo-Tibial Band, click links for references) and actors. One of the songs was a take-off on "The Cover of the Rolling Stone" which was a popular song back then. The NEJM is the New England Journal of Medicine, sort of like Time among newsmagazines.

Anyway, your blogger got an article in the NEJM!!! Since I'm in private practice where we don't publish much, this is even better. I joined the Gynecologic Oncology Group years ago at the urging of one of our surgeons and he got me put on as Study Pathologist. So 14 years later, I've reached the "pinnacle of academic publications." I guess that Duke MD and PhD came in handy for something, after all.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?