<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Being the random thoughts of a middle aged overeducated physician, father, and citizen. James M. Small MD PhD. Send me a reply to jmsmall @ mycap.org.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh my God! An Arthropod! 

I think my kids shall never see,
a sight as horrid as a bee,
unless they spy upon their pants
a pair of tiny carnivorous ants.

A moth upon the ceiling flits,
sending Becca into fits;
the fits are only exceeded by
those engendered by a fly.

Sarah begs for me to hide her
from the visage of a spider,
or better yet, oh Father Brave,
send that ogre to his grave.

Katie shrieks, "A bug! A BUG!"
"Dad, come quick, I need a hug!"

The world is full of wondrous things
with jointed legs and lacelike wings
so full of life and animated...
my children with them exterminated.

Jim Small 6/17/90
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?